Sydney Langdon with Warner Brothers Discovery
“Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia’s premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery’s leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.”
This partnership is able to bring storytelling to a whole new level, spanning local and global tales and experience, and bring them into your home. This inclusive approach to a variety of stories and genres promote a culture of social engagement and representation. Today, we are privileged to speak with Ms. Sydney Langdon, Senior Director, Corporate Social Responsibility for Warner Brothers Discovery. Langdon runs grant-making at Warner Brothers Discovery and is a consultant/advisor for their brands (TNT, HBO Max, CNN, etc.). CVC comes full circle as a consultant for Warner Brothers Discovery, furthering this connection of all cultures and groups, near and far.
- Cooperate Social Responsibility (CSR) – a corporate culture of socially minded people creating assurance of accurate, respectful content accompanied with resources. These resources help people get in contact with the help their may need (domestic violence, abuse, etc). Disclaimers at the beginning of episodes are intentionally placed to alert viewers of sensitive subject matter – these topics can be triggers for some views and/or are giving the options to continue watching.
- CSR protects the brands and the people who are consuming these brands with a socially minded perspective and agenda.
- CSR with Warner Brothers Discovery is focused on “empowering storytelling.” There are so many stories to be told and can be with positive, respectful intent.
- The challenge is having an impact close to where people live and work AND tying this together with a global focus. The global lens with the local impact – “Act Global, Think Local.”
- Langdon discusses the Impact Portal which includes benefits programs – this allows employees to get a one-to-one donation match for employee-chosen organizations! Employees are able to volunteer with their chosen organizations with company support and grants.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) promote greater inclusion, engagement, and connection for their employees – this creates a safe and healthy working environment for all (race, faith, sexual orientation, etc).
- Experience Good – a piloted project spreading the wealth of special events – celebrity events with help from Charity Buzz – yet ANOTHER opportunity to raise money for charities. SHAQ!
- Recognition to CVC – 2022 IMPACT Gold Level Sponsor!!!
Thanks, Sydney Langdon, for your service to our community!
Thank you to our sponsor, The Corporate Volunteer Council of Atlanta.