Bob Bonstein & the Georgia Symphony Orchestra
Next season will be the 70th for the truly extraordinary Georgia Symphony Orchestra. This diverse Arts organization serves the families and communities of Greater North Georgia and Metro Atlanta providing audience members with a memorable experience at each and every one of its more than 20 annual concerts.
We tracked down Mr. Bob Bonstein, Chair of the GSO’s Board of Directors and were delightedly surprised to learn just how much this long-lived institution accomplishes every year. We talk about things such as:
- The performances of classical masterpieces (of course…)
- GYSO – the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra – the largest of its kind in the Southeast and among the top 10 in the coutry
- The annual “Sensory Friendly” concert specifically designed for autistic children. (…tough to not get choked up a bit about this amazing performance
- The surprising variety of parts of our community served by the GSO
- How an arts organization deals with this pandemic
Thank you, Bob Bonstein for your service to our community!
Click the link and donate a few dollars to the Georgia Symphony Orchestra.