Kim Gresh of S. A. White
Kim Gresh has been a pioneer and leader in the petroleum industry as President of S. A. White since 1999. In addition to all that, she has served on a looooooong list of nonprofit boards and has been repeatedly recognized by various groups for her community service. Lots and lots to learn from someone with that sort of broad perspective. We talked about things like:
- A lifelong, deep immersion in one’s own community
- Before you ask for money, you need to being giving money yourself!
- Balancing time invested in business and community
- Kim’s fascinating view of why The Arts are so vital (“All the lights came on in my brain!”)
- The “Community Service Ecosystem”
- Corporate Social Responsibility
It’s tough to not come away from a conversation with Kim Gresh without thinking your own community service might not be up to snuff!